Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tea Finds for the Garden

I love to hide treasures in my garden and have been blessed  with some special ones this summer.



This garden tile was custom made for me for my birthday .
My friend Margaret has a large collection of coronation memorabilia.  She recently broke one of her teacups and donated the pieces to friend Mary Ann to incorporated into the garden tile.  (These two special ladies are pictured in my May 14th post).  I've had a hard time getting a photo that shows off the detail that went into this piece.   There are several pieces of the coronation cup plus carefully chosen pieces with flowers that work perfectly for the spout, handles and top of the teapot. The tea pot and lid are outlined with perfectly coordinated green stripes.


I've tried to show the location in the garden but lose all detail when I try to widen the shot.


The one of a kind wind chime shown below was purchased from  a vendor at a farmers market.  The base and shade are made from silver candy dishes.   The globe is a patterned wine glass.  Custom beading and spoons make the chimes.  What you can't see is a solar light in the top that lights the chime at night.



Another view



The tea cart was purchased at an estate sale.  It was originally white and badly rusted, but my husband gave it a coat of bronze rustoleum (to match my patio furniture).  Its holding a plant for now but will make an ideal beverage center for summer entertaining.


This rhododendron is at its peak.


The daphne willow is also putting on quite a show.

 

1 comment:

  1. Love your garden tile! How beautiful! I've been looking at the garden photos on your sidebar and you have a really gorgeous garden.

    ReplyDelete