Thursday, July 17, 2014

Tea for the Birds

I've asked the birds to join me for tea in the garden.  Although I've seen several I've yet to capture them on film.
 
There are several places for the birds to visit. 
 Perhaps they'd like to take tea at this silver teapot house.
 

Or perhaps they'd like to visit next door at this Victorian House painted years ago by my dear Aunt Margaret.
 

 
 
 My Aunt has been gone for several years now but her birdhouses continue to bring  a smile to my face and many found memories of a truly talented lady.
 
 
The detail of her painting amazes me.

 
Their progressive tea could continue at this  birdhouse located in the shade garden.
 


 
The birds often stop and rest on the pergola bench.
 
 
 
The last of the three houses is in "Mables' Garden".  This garden is named for another of my Aunts.
 
 
"Mabel" is lying on her tummy guarding a bird nest with 3 eggs in her hands.  Not much blooming in her garden when this photo was taken.
 


  The birds can  wash up after tea at this teacup birdbath.
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed tea with the birds in my garden today.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment