Sunday, February 15, 2015

Teacup Heaven Part III

This week's teacups again come from my girlfriend's mother's collection which she passed on to me. 



What stood out to me when I unwrapped this teacup was the white violet in the center of the bouquet.  I thought this was so unusual until I checked my other violet cups and found that I have 3 others that have one white blossom.



My violet teapot is  perfect for this tea celebration.



I did a lavender tea post a couple years ago which was probably the favorite of all my teas.  You can view that here.



 This simple white teacup with its gold border  is so eloquent.


It has no markings on the back.


A couple years ago I purchased 6 of the dessert plates pictured to go with a "Golden Snowball Tea" that I was hosting. (The plates were 50 cents each at Kohl's clearance counter.)  You can view that post here.   Mix and matching cups and plates is my style but this makes for a classy tea for one when I want to pamper myself.

I still have more cups to reveal next week from this generous gift.

In the meantime I will  be joining Sandy for






    

13 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift from your friend! You are in teacup heaven! Thanks for sharing your new treasures. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your violets are so pretty, Gail. Your friend gifted you well with all those lovely china treasures. Thank you for joining me for tea this week and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely violet tea and saucer and that teapot is beautiful! The added doily makes it complete. Lots of violets at tea time this week. I guess we are all hoping for spring.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your china!!!!!!! hugs, angie from germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all the violet teawares that I'm seeing this week! I also really like your white teacup and saucer display stand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful collection, the teapot especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your violets teapot does look so pretty with your gifted teacup from your friend. You're one lucky lady and I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gail! Great minds think alike this week! You continue to share such beautiful cups from your gifted collection. I really like that gorgeous teapot though. Thanks for sharing it! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the violet china items... so pretty w/ such beautiful colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous collection of violets! I posted violets as well for my Tuesday Cuppa Tea link party...come join us at www.antiquesandteacups.info! You'll fit right in!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gail,
    I checked your previous violet post and oh my, it's gorgeous too! I love your outdoor bistro table sets with the lovely tablecloths! Perfect for Tea in the Garden this summer with Bernideen! Your violet teapot shape is absolutely beautiful! How I would love that teapot. All of your china is lovely! Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gail, I'm new to your blog. Found you through Sandi's Tea Cup Tuesday. Beautiful violet teaware and I was so impressed with your past lavender tea party. Great motivation for me to host a garden tea party early this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gail: I love the new tea cup you were given. It is beautiful. Violets are one of my favorite cups. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete