Monday, March 2, 2015

Tea Cup Heaven Part V

Welcome to the last of my 5- part Teacup Heaven posts sharing a collection of teacups recently given to me.  I've saved the best for last as this is my favorite of the teacups.



I had starting collecting "black" teacups over a year ago with the intent of using them for a Halloween Tea.  So far I have only been able to find 2 so this was a welcome addition.


Even if I hadn't been looking for black cups this would have been my favorite.  I love the deep pink roses against the black.


This delicate rose teapot is the perfect companion.  The cross stitch rose napkins were a Christmas gift and go nicely with the cross stitch luncheon cloth.




The black cross stitch picks up the black in the cup.



I'm especially fond of teacups with a flower on the inside.



I had to take a picture with the full table cloth to show the pink tulips.  I'll do a future post on the unusual coffee/tea pot that's shown.

This ends my series on my very special gift of teacups that belonged to my friend Dottie's mother.  These cups are so very special to me and I will cherish them and give them a loving home.  Dottie's house is small and she didn't have a place to store or display them.   I did these posts to thank her for her generosity and honor her mother--plus she can visit them whenever she likes.

I will be joining Sandi for Teacup Tuesday






8 comments:

  1. Love your cup and saucer and other pieces like the stacked set. I also love your garden photos at the bottom and look forward to seeing your garden this year through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail,
    Your teacup really is a pretty one. I like your napkin and table cloth too. The stacked set is very interesting and I look forward to hearing about it. Like Bernideen, I love your garden photos. Thank you for joining me for tea today.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tea cup with the roses and the black is quite stunning actually. And I enjoyed seeing your gardens. Wish I had some gardens to look at in real life but am enjoying looking at yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea cups with black backgrounds. They are always so elegant. Your is not exception. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed this series of posts. Thank you for giving these teacups a new home. The black teacup with roses is very striking. I don't have any black teacups. I can see how they would be fun to collect for a Halloween or evening tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also drawn to black teacups--they're harder to find which makes them more precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love black teacups as well, but lots of folks hate them. That's a beauty!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gail! That teacup is gorgeous! The black really does bring out the pink roses. Your friend Dottie was so generous to give you all the beauties you've shared.

    ReplyDelete