Monday, March 9, 2015

Unusual Teapot Find

I found this unusual coffee/tea pot combination at a local antique store and had to have it.  The delicate ring of roses was too precious to pass up plus the stacked pieces fascinated me.



My parents had a dripolator coffee pot so, even though the pot was in the shape of a teapot,  I believe it was meant to brew coffee.


There was also a tea strainer which leads me to believe it was meant to be used for coffee or tea - unless this strainer was meant for the coffee.   I believe the holes are large enough that coffee grounds would go through them so have discounted that theory.   Of course we tea lovers know you would never brew coffee and tea in the same pot!





I looked the coffee pot up on the internet and the Apilco  China was made in France and known for its special glaze which would maintain the color permanently.  It made special reference to the interior glaze so I'm assuming it would not stain.


View inside the dripolator.


Outside view of the same.


The tea strainer fits on next with the top of the coffee pot fitting snugly on top of this stack or on the coffee pot itself.

I love the uniqueness of this piece, and since I am strictly a tea drinker,  this will remain a teapot in my house.

I will by joining Sandi for Teatime Tuesday


12 comments:

  1. Love it! You don't see many of these intact...the middle section usually gets lost! And such a pretty pattern too! Come join the Tuesday Cuppa Tea linky party now open on my blog!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous find! Pretty rose pattern. I have seen some modern tea brewers that look a lot like this. Well done! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique piece this is, Gail! I love the handles on the mid-section of the combo. I would use it for tea also although I do enjoy a cup of coffee too. It really is a wonderful find. Thank you for sharing with us and joining me for tea today.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! I've never seen anything like it before. It will be a good conversation starter at a party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such an interesting piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great piece. I always thought it was for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gail,
    it is definately a interesting piece. I have a coffeepot made from brass with the same system. Thank you for sharing this nice piece.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great piece!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great piece you have there. I haven't seen one before. I love that you can use it for both! Pretty and a conversation starter for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen anything like it, but how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How interesting! It's so strange that it looks like a coffee/teapot combo, when, as you said, never the two shall meet in the same pot! Definitely an interesting piece for your collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So unique! Fun shape and fun to see. Thank you, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete