Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Tea



With Halloween just around the corner its time to start putting ideas together for this years Halloween tea with my "Tea Ladies".   I've been reviewing last years photos for inspiration and decided to post them. 



My goal in planning last years Halloween Tea was to have the fun and mystique of Halloween while preserving the elegance of a Victorian Tea.



I thought a black and white table would accomplish this so I used black lace fabric over a white table cloth with white dishes.  White napkins were too boring so I decided to use rust colored napkins fan folded into glass footed mugs. 

Menu 
Pumpkin Scones
Apple Pecan Pastries
Pumpkin Roll
Cranberry Butter
Lemon Curd
Blood Orange Tea
Hot Mulled Cider
 

With the menu decided and the table set its time for last minute tweaking.  White on white plates were boring so decided to add black paper plates between the salad and dinner plates.  I don't like to use paper products but sometimes they add that needed accent.   Another last minute tweak was the addition of salt dips to hold individual  servings of lemon curd and cranberry butter for scones.   I also added spider rings to the handles of the mugs.


Friends Enjoying  Halloween Tea


 


 Oh no!   The ghost of Halloween past has set up her table for tea.  Hopefully she won't scare any guests away.  

The challenge now begins to plan this years tea.   I can't wait to try a recipe for caramel glazed pumpkin scones I found in "Alice's Tea Cup", a book of recipes from "one of New York's most whimsical tea spots". I also found a cleverly boxed assortment of fall tea's  from Tea of Life packaged by Amazon Trading LTD.    There are 6 different teas and I'm having a hard time deciding which to serve.  There is Pumpkin Spice, Pomegranate Blood Orange, Pumpkin Melon, Cinnamon Melon, Orange Pineapple and Apple Cinnamon.  All were excellent.   My decision will follow along with photos of my tea. 

Thanks so much for viewing my blog.    I've just discovered blogging and have lots to learn.    I'm looking forward to increasing my skills and sharing my collections and gardens in months to come.







No comments:

Post a Comment