Sunday, October 7, 2012

Silver Harvest Tea

The leaves are at peak colors here in New York State and its time to gather my tea friends for another Afternoon Tea.    I recently found a snack set at our local church fall flea market sale that featured birds similiar to a silver salt and pepper shaker set that my mother recieved as a wedding present in 1940.  I think the cups will work perfectly to serve butternut squash soup and butternut scones will fit nicely on the plates.  One of my tea friends has a couple silver tea pots she'll let me borrow to go with my silver serving pieces.   Sounds like a Silver Harvest Tea is a perfect theme.


 

Menu

Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Scones
Bacon Sage Butter
Pumpkin Cheese Cake with Sour Cream Topping
Apple Crumb Pie
Constant Comment & Blood Orange Teas


The table is set.  Food will be my center piece.  Of course, I forgot to take pictures of the table with the food arranged when I started greeting my guests.   I used clear footed cups for tea since I was using the "teacups" for soup.  The rust colored napkins are folded with a pocket to hold smaller white embroidered cocktail napkins.    I did remember to snap a picture while serving desert.  Such a pleasant and rewarding afternoon as we slow down and enjoy the relaxed setting of tea time and the company of good friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment